Research demonstrates that not all geocells are equal. The materials used in manufacturing geocells determine its performance and that of the road and its lifespan. Therefore, PRS decided that geocells need to be made from a strong, stiffer and more durable material than commonly used HDPE. The result – the Neoloy nano-polymeric alloy (NPA) – is a breakthrough in cellular confinement technology developed by PRS.
Neoloy is based on nano-fibers in a polyolefin matrix. This provides the PRS-Neoweb™ geocell with unprecedented creep resistance, stiffness and tensile strength. Neoloy-based PRS-Neoweb is manufactured in a unique multi-layer process to maximize strength, flexibility and chemical stability.
Conventional geocells from HDPE suffer from creep, limiting their use to erosion control and temporary low volume roads. That’s why PRS created Neoloy, which offers long-term resistance to: creep, fatigue, stress-cracking, temperature extremes, oxidation and UV light. PRS-Neoweb is the only “high-modulus” geocell specifically designed for critical applications, such as paved roads, railways and high retaining walls, where long-term strength is a design requirement.
- Very high creep resistance – enables long term design
- Predictable, long-term performance – unlike HDPE
- Very high tensile strength
- Durable under heavy duty dynamic loading
- Dimensional stability in thermal cycling
- Effective service range from-60°C to +60°C
- Very high creep resistance enables 75+ year design life
- High modulus geocell – suitable for use in base layer of asphalt pavements
- Enables substantial reduction in structural layers
- Specifications based on 3D performance parameters, not polymer or strip characteristics
- Outperforms any other HDPE geocell or geosynthetic (see Comparison)
- High modulus PRS-Neoweb enables the use of marginal infill and reduction in layer thickness – lowers costs for every project.
- Increased pavement lifespan decreases project lifecycle costs
- Increase pavement lifespan– long term savings
- Lower construction costs – initial savings
- High strength material enables more cost effective geocell configurations