Neoloy® Geocells Reduce Reliance on Aggregate Materials
Neoloy Geocells can readily use reclaimed recycled asphalt and recycled concrete or masonry debris for aggregate infill.
A typical two-lane 1.6 km (1 mile) stretch of highway uses roughly 25,000 tons of crushed stone. Although aggregate is one of the most mined materials in the world, resources are limited and not always located where you need it. The increased use of recycled aggregate is therefore inevitable.
Neoloy Geocells can readily use reclaimed recycled asphalt and recycled concrete or masonry debris for aggregate infill. Neoloy’s 3D confinement prevents creep and strengthens RAP (Reclaimed Asphalt Pavement), recycled concrete or construction debris and other non-cohesive, inferior granular fill, such as sand. This eliminates the need to mix RAP with virgin aggregates or stabilization additives. The result is savings in hauling, processing and aggregate resources and expenses.
Neoloy Geocells can also use on-site recycled asphalt for infill, even if poorly graded or low bearing capacity. Neoloy reinforcement strengthens weak infill, thereby eliminating the need to mix RAP for example with virgin aggregates or stabilization additives. The result is significant savings in hauling, processing and aggregate.
Benefits of PRS-Neoweb
- Reduces the bituminous asphalt concrete of pavements up to 25%
- Enables a 50% or more reduction in the thickness of base course layers
- Increases bearing capacity by a factor of 2-3x
- Avoids the need to mix RAP (Reclaimed Asphalt Pavement) with virgin aggregate and chemical reagents
- Confinement reduces creep and improves the modulus of RAP infill
- PRS-Neoweb can utilize a wide range of milled RAP grade size, including poorly graded materials
- Sustainable solution recycling waste materials
- Eliminates the need to mix RAP with virgin aggregates or stabilization additives.
- Reduces hauling, processing and aggregate
- Reduces structural pavement layer thickness
- Reduces construction time and costs
- Permits shallow instead of full depth rehabilitation
- Reduces maintenance cycles and life-cycle costs