Today’s trend to use inferior, local or recycled materials and the growing need to develop marginal lands puts 3D cellular confinement systems with a long design-life in an environmental, engineering and economically vital position. PRS Mediterranean’s goal is to be the leading provider of long-term, sustainable high-strength geocell solutions for these ever increasing needs worldwide.
Neoloy geocells from PRS are in a geosynthetic class of its own, with strength, durability and performance unmatched by any other geocell, geogrid or geotextile, No longer confined to problematic subgrades, Neoloy can be used for base reinforcement of all heavy-duty motorways and railways – for higher quality roads at lower costs.
Neoloy high strength geocells lower the construction footprint. Virgin aggregate use can be cut in half, while regional and recycled materials can be utilized for structural infill. More importantly, the design-life of Neoloy Geocells matches the long-term requirements of civil engineering and sustainable development.
Neoloy saves time, money and resources during construction as well as over the project life-cycle. This enables transportation management professionals to reallocate maintenance budgets to the construction of new roads and infrastructure. The bottom line is that Neoloy Geocells provide a wealth of environmental, social and economic benefits in almost any project.
Benefits of Neoloy Geocell
- Reinforce upper structural layers
- Replace high-quality aggregate base with inexpensive local or recycled infill
- Use for almost all load support projects to lower costs – independent of soil strength
- Increase bearing capacity of any structural layer
- Reduce pavement thickness or eliminate layers
- Best available practice for all types of problematic soils
- Improve road lifespan and decrease maintenance
- Reduce ballast attrition
- Preserve track geometry
- Extend surfacing cycles
- Enable higher speeds and heavier loads
- Prevent delays and downtime
- Long-term slope stabilization
- Mechanical anchoring
- Stabilize soil mass
- Facilitate vegetation and landscapes
- Improve drainage
- Seismic stability
- Reduce footprint
- Very cost-effective
- Replace formwork
- Geomembrane protection
- Contain all types of liquids and wastes
- Reduce lining thickness
- Long-term lifespan