Neoloy® Tough-Cells Provide Reliable Platform Reinforcement and Drainage
Neoloy cellular confinement systems offer faster heavy-duty solutions at a lower price than reinforced concrete-steel solutions and stabilized cement layers.
Ports, working platforms, storage terminals and container yards require heavy-duty reinforcement, quality aggregate layers and good drainage. That’s what Neoloy cellular confinement systems offer at a fraction of the time and price of reinforced concrete-steel solutions or stabilized cement layers. And the life-cycle savings due to the long-term durability of Neoloy reinforcement are even larger.
Neoloy Tough-Cells are based on a high modulus novel polymeric alloy, providing heavy duty load support – even while using marginal granular material, such as dredged sand for structural infill. Neoloy Tough-Cells create a semi-rigid mattress (beam-effect) that increases bearing capacity, improves load distribution and reduces settlement. Neoloy is particularly suitable to heavy-duty port, storage terminal and container yard pavements in which soil bearing capacity, aggregates, durability and costs are critical.
- Beam effect causes better load transfer by reducing vertical stresses on the subgrade
- Support very heavy loads such as container stackers (100+ kg/cm2)
- Improve aggregate modulus and reduce aggregate attrition
- Reduce the thickness of (or replace) substrata and/or bituminous layers.
- Provide excellent drainage in saturated marine environments
- Degradation is gradual and not subject to sudden failure
- Saves project installation time and money
- Minimize operational and maintenance costs due to increased service-life
- Utilize locally available inferior fill such as dredged sand, instead of high-quality aggregate
- More cost effective than concrete alternatives
Intermodal Port Solutions
The engineering strength of Neoloy Tough-Cells enables a reduction in the structural layer thickness, while cement stabilized layers or concrete/asphalt wearing course thickness can be eliminated or decreased. The surface layer can be paved with non-permeable bituminous materials or permeable concrete paving block systems.