Neoloy® Geocells Provide Reliable Reinforcement and Drainage
Neoloy cellular confinement systems offer at a fraction of the time and price for reinforced concrete-steel solutions or stabilized cement layers.
Ports, storage areas and container yards require heavy-duty reinforcement, quality aggregate layers and good drainage. That’s what Neoloy cellular confinement systems offer at a fraction of the time and price for reinforced concrete-steel solutions or stabilized cement layers. And the life-cycle savings due to the long-term Neoloy reinforcement are even larger.
Neoloy Geocells are based on a high modulus novel polymeric alloy, providing heavy duty load support – even while using marginal granular material, such as dredged sand for structural infill. Neoloy Geocells create a semi-rigid mattress (beam-effect) that increases bearing capacity, improves load distribution and reduces settlement. Neoloy is particularly suitable to port and container yard projects in which soil bearing capacity, aggregates, durability and costs are critical.
- Beam effect causes better load transfer by reducing vertical stresses on the subgrade
- Support very heavy loads such as container stackers (100+ kg/cm2)
- Improve aggregate modulus and reduce aggregate attrition
- Reduce the thickness of (or replace) substrata and/or bituminous layers.
- Provide excellent drainage in saturated marine environments
- Degradation is gradual and not subject to sudden failure
- Saves project installation time and money
- Minimize operational and maintenance costs due to increased service-life
- Utilize locally available inferior fill such as dredged sand, instead of high-quality aggregate
- More cost effective than concrete alternatives
Intermodal Port Solutions
The engineering strength of Neoloy Geocells enables a reduction in the structural layer thickness, while cement stabilized layers or concrete/asphalt wearing course thickness can be eliminated or decreased. The surface layer can be paved with non-permeable bituminous materials or permeable concrete paving block systems.