Neoloy® Tough-Cells is a reliable, long-term solution for reinforcing earth retention walls
Neoloy Tough-Cell retention walls offer strong, durable and green earth retaining walls constructed with ease, speed, and flexibility.
|Gravity Retaining Walls
Steep retaining walls for erosion control, structurally stable under self-weight and external loads (Read More).
Mechanically stabilized earth with horizontal geogrid reinforcement for high and strong segmental retaining walls (Read More).
|Integrated Earth Stabilization
Combinations of Neoloy Tough-Cell retaining walls and back slope cover protection system (Read More).
Neoloy Tough-Cells are the ideal reinforcement solution for earth retention walls due to the Neoloy® novel polymeric alloy. Neoloy has long-term strength, dimensional stability under thermal cycling and environmental durability for retaining walls, which guarantees reliable performance over the project lifespan. Neoloy retention walls can be erected fast, use locally available soil for backfill and are more economical than other earth retention systems and solutions, such as poured concrete, segmental retaining walls (SRW) and gabion walls.
- Neoloy offers very long-term stiffness and strength.
- Neoloy and backfill form a composite structure that behaves as a monolithic mass, even in soft foundation soils.
- Neoloy Tough-Cells absorb energy making it highly resistant to seismic activity.
- Construction without forms or curing is faster than poured concrete.
- Each layer is structurally sound as laid, without support, scaffolding or cranes.
- Neoloy can use local soil for infill, eliminating the need for expensive aggregate.
- Cost effective particular when compared to stone and concrete solutions
- Low installation cost and Total Cost of Ownership
- Green wall with vegetated fascia on the outer rows for a soft, green and aesthetic retention solution.
- Non-degradable Neoloy polymer is resistant to weathering, extreme temperatures and water.
- Permeability of Neoloy wall perforations facilitates onsite drainage and stormwater management.
- High dimensional stability – low creep (even under high temperatures), high resistance to thermal cycling
- High resistance to photochemical degradation – leaching of additives, oxidation and UV light
The Neoloy Advantage for Retention Walls
While most commercially available geocells are made of HDPE, PRS has developed a completely new material based on a new patented polymeric alloy, called Neoloy®.
Neoloy is characterized by flexibility similar to HDPE with elastic behavior similar to engineering thermoplastic. Major documented improvements over old generation HDPE Soft-Cells are better creep resistance and better retention of stiffness and creep resistance at elevated temperatures and over the long-term.
The engineering advantages of Neoloy over HDPE-based Soft-Cells can be measured by accepted testing procedures and verifiable scientific testing methods. Numerous studies, field trials and laboratory tests have demonstrated improved performance in load support applications due to the improved stiffness and strength provided by Neoloy.