Neoloy® Tough-Cells are Ideal for Earth Retaining Walls
Neoloy Tough-Cells retaining wall reinforcement provides a strong, fast to construct, and, green retaining wall structure for steep and tall unstable slopes.
Neoloy Tough-Cells provide strong, green, fast and cost-effective retaining walls for long-term reliable earth retention of unstable slopes
They offer high strength, fast construction and a green fascia. Very steep and tall walls can be built with a very small footprint.
Neoloy Tough-Cells form a composite retaining structure that behaves as a monolithic mass, even in soft foundation soils. The engineering advantage of Neoloy Tough-Cells is their high stiffness, low creep and strong tensile strength. These form the base for reliable earth retention guaranteed to last for the entire design life up to 100 years. Neoloy is also flexible, and unlike concrete walls, has high resistance to seismic loading and cracking.
Logistics with light-weight, folded geocell sections is simple compared to conventional concrete, gabions or block wall solutions. Construction is fast as each wall layer is structurally stable, and use local soil for infill. Neoloy use less labor and mechanical equipment to save costs and time. Neoloy Tough-Cells with a green fascia provide an aesthetically pleasing wall structure as well.
Neoloy Tough-Cell earth retention walls can be of two types:
- Gravity Walls – self-standing retaining wall with earth mass infill for stability
- Reinforced Walls – mechanically stabilized earth with horizontal geogrid reinforcement in the layers.
Benefits for Retaining Walls
- Neoloy Tough-Cells offer very long-term stiffness and strength.
- Highly resistant to seismic activity – meets strictest earthquake building codes
- Neoloy compact folded sections simplifies logistics
- Very fast installation – no formwork, no footer
- Entire wall acts a unified drainage system with no hydrostatic build-up
- Cost effective particular when compared to other solutions
- Low installation cost and Total Cost of Ownership
- Green wall with vegetated fascia on the outer rows for a soft, green and aesthetic retention solution
- Use of local granular material for structural infill
- Perforations and granular infill provide an efficient drainage system
- High dimensional stability – low creep
- Effective service range of – from -40°C to +60°C
- High resistance to photochemical degradation – leaching of additives, oxidation and UV light
- Neoloy Tough-Cell folded shapes enable simple logistics and easy, cost-effective construction
- Neoloy retention structures can be constructed much faster than poured concrete solutions since they require no forms or curing.
- Each layer is structurally sound as laid, enabling access without support, scaffolding or cranes.