Neoloy® Tough Cells Provide Durable And Flexible Channel Protection
If you are looking for cost-effective, long-term channel protection and road drainage ditches, PRS Neoloy is the solution.
If you are looking for cost-effective, long-term slope protection for drainage ditches, channels, waterways and hydraulic structures, Neoloy Tough-Cells are the solution. PRS Neoloy dissipate energy from flood, current and wave action and tolerate saturated conditions without losing structural stability. Vegetative and/or gravel surfaces are used for intermittent flooding while concrete infill is used for non-erodible channel protection (depending on geometry and hydraulic stresses).
PRS Neoloy adds tensile strength to the basic geocell geometry. Therefore concrete infill solutions are strengthened and cracking is minimized for reliable long-term drainage. The self-draining, permeability of PRS Neoloy prevents the build-up of hydrostatic pressure, while its flexibility enables it to yield to earth movement without degradation in performance or structural integrity.
Neoloy Tough-Cells with concrete are ideal for irrigation canals as their high tensile strength and negligible cracking maximizes water flow and minimize leakages. On the other hand, PRS-Neoloy is ideal for stormwater management (with soft or hard armour) to slow runoff and enable local infiltration.
- PRS Neoloy with soil and vegetated slopes – for green river banks subject to moderate hydraulic forces
- PRS Neoloy with hard concrete infill – on the trapezoidal channel bed (subgrade cover)
- PRS Neoloy retaining walls with aggregate infill – in sections with high flow velocities or steep slopes
- Erosion protection – cell walls protect banks against sliding, tractive and uplift forces
- Drainage and soil conservation – gives full drainage and prevents hydrostatic forces
- Bank vegetation – cells provide protected growth strata for plants
- Channel Protection – tolerates high sheet-flow conditions and prevents channeling
- Neoloy is easier to install, utilizes low-grade local granular infill and eliminates the need for underwater foundation work.
- Unique Neoloy polymer technology – high resistance to UV, oxidation, water, extreme temperatures
- Resistant to water – unlike concrete, steel and timber solutions
- Maximize channel design with retaining walls, slopes and gravel/soil slopes according to flow rates
- Cost effective – Neoloy Geocells use less concrete or other surface cover for same level of protection
- More cost effective than rip-rap or gabion solutions – which require specific sized stone
- Sustainable – topsoil cover improves soil health, plant growth and visual landscape
Save Costs with Neoloy Tough-Cells
Due to the high tensile reinforcement of Neoloy Tough-Cells, channel protection projects require less infill material and can substitute lower quality infill while maintaining long term design strength – whether topsoil, aggregate or concrete surface covers. The result is lower project construction and life-cycle costs.
Savings are even higher when concrete infill is used as the overall thickness can be reduced. The geocell geometry acts as forms for pouring concrete eliminating expensive formwork. Concrete can be poured in one stage, making it easier, faster and more uniform, with very high quality control.
PRS Neoloy is also more cost-effective and maintenance-free than riprap and gabion solutions.
- Neoloy Tough-Cells with soil and vegetated slopes – for structures subject to low hydraulic forces
- Neoloy Tough-Cells with aggregate infill – for slopes with moderate flow velocities and steep slopes
- Neoloy Tough-Cells with hard concrete infill – for highest flow velocities and tractive forces
Find out more about slope protection for channel protection and road drainage here.