Neoloy® Tough-Cells Stabilize and Protect Mining Facilities
Neoloy Tough-Cells can be used to construct cost-effective earth stabilization structures and create durable roads for heavy construction equipment.
Where there are brownfields, mines and other abandoned sites in need of mitigation and rehabilitation, there should be Neoloy Tough-Cells. PRS Neoloy can be used to construct cost-effective earth stabilization structures, protect landfill geomembranes and create durable roads for heavy construction equipment or end-users after rehabilitation.
Eroded slopes can be regraded and stabilized with Neoloy slope protection solutions. Separated from contaminated ground with a non-permeable membrane, Neoloy Tough-Cells are infilled with topsoil. The confinement reduces the amount of topsoil needed to support vegetation and promotes plant growth and landscape restoration.
The Neoloy system integrated with geomembranes also creates impermeable, non-slip and durable impoundment for mining waste containment and treatment.
- Environmentally safe, non-corrosive solution for tailings, slurry pits & sludge containment ponds
- Neoloy infill options for site rehabilitation:
- concrete for liquid control
- gravel for leachate treatment processes
- topsoil for landscape restoration
- Frictional resistance reduce sliding from hydrodynamic and gravitational forces
- Cell walls provide mechanical protection against run-off and rill development
- Confinement preserves integrity of soil structure to minimize impact of rain
- Cell Perforations facilitates drainage and plant-root interlock
- Unique Neoloy polymer – high resistance to salinity, sewage, UV, oxidation, water, extreme temperatures
- Protect embankments and restored slopes – often at a steep angle of repose to save land and costs.
- Hold slope cover materials in place
- Stabilize unstable and steep slopes
- Cost effective –reduces the quantities of surface cover required (topsoil, gravel or concrete)
- Long lifespan – maximizes project lifecycle costs
- Site ecology – enables flow of water, nutrients and soil organisms
- Landscape – enhance plant growth, soil health and visual landscape