Neoloy® Tough-Cells Road Design Solutions For Increased Performance at Lower Cost
Neoloy is revolutionizing the use of geocells for engineers and contractors. How? Because of the high-strength of Neoloy Tough-Cells
Neoloy is revolutionizing the use of geocells for engineers and contractors for road design projects in construction areas with soft soils that need reinforcement. Neology Tough-Cell solutions are also ideal for road design projects in locations that suffer from a lack of readily available aggregate and/or high procurement costs.
High Modulus Neoloy Tough-Cell to Suit your Road Design Project
Neoloy Tough-Cells is manufactured in several different reinforcement performance categories so you can select the Neoloy Tough-Cell type that matches the project requirements. The result is increased performance at a lower cost, no matter which project type. PRS offers:
- New design methods – Extensive R&D with Neoloy Tough-Cells included calibration of design methods for use in unpaved roads (modified Giroud and Han method) and paved roads (layered elastic model method) integrating the Neoloy modulus improvement factor (MIF).
- New specifications and standards – PRS developed new performance-based specs that accurately reflect the performance of geocells in the field than conventional methods.
- Engineering consulting – as an engineering and technology company, PRS provides geotechnical engineering and design services for you to maximize the effectiveness of Neoloy Tough-Cells in your project.
- New performance categories – PRS developed four main types of geocells for each application category. This enables optimization of the geocell (and maximizes cost-effectiveness) by matching the strength and durability of Neoloy to the project requirements.
- Confinement increases layer strength (modulus)
- Reinforcement reduces layer thickness and wearing course
- Beam effect improves load transfer and bearing capacity
- Modulus Improvement Factor (MIF) allows more traffic and for longer time
- More reinforcement than any geogrid
- Simple logistics and fast all-weather installation
- Lower construction, infill costs
- Improve pavement lifespan
- Reduce repairs, maintenance cycles and downtime
- Use locally available, ungraded or recycled materials for infill
- Reduce quarrying, hauling, fuel, pollution, carbon footprint
- Green sustainable construction method
- Provides very high stiffness, dimensional stability, creep resistance
- Long-term performance under heavy dynamic loading
- Outperforms any other HDPE geocell