Neoloy® Tough-Cells Category B is the most Qualified Solution for Drainage Systems, Channel Protection and Earth Retention
Neoloy Tough-Cells Category B – Qualified for Channels and Retaining Walls
Neoloy Tough-Cells Category-B provides strong, durable and reliable protection for earth retention walls and channels subject to high flows, typically using soil, gravel or concrete for structural infill.
Advantages of Qualified Category B for Drainage and Channels:
- Self-draining – prevents hydrostatic pressures.
- Flexible – prevents cracking or degradation.
- More cost-effective – than concrete, rip-rap, gabions.
- Non-degradable – resistant to water, UV, temperatures.
Advantages of Qualified Category B for Walls:
- Save concrete/costs in design and installation
- Very fast installation – does not require heavy machinery
- A flexible system yields to earth movement (high seismic resistance).
- More cost-effective than concrete, segmental retaining walls (SRW), gabions and green walls.
Neoloy Tough-Cells Category-B Qualified: Sample Case Studies
|· Reinforced Waste Pond Embankment||· Steep Slopes (45-81⁰) & Seismic Resistant|
NOTE: The optimal Neoloy Tough-Cells Category is determined only after PRS evaluates your project requirements and prepares a geotechnical engineering design.
Neoloy Tough-Cells Qualified Category-B GeoTechnical Engineering Properties
- Cell Wall Height: 50, 75, 100, 120, 150, 200 mm
- Cell Opening Size (weld distance): 330, 356, 445, 660, 712 mm
- Elastic Stiffness (Dynamic Mechanical Modulus – DMA): > 750, 650, 450 MPa (at 30, 45, 60°C) (ASTM E2254).
- Permanent Deformation (Creep) – Stepped Isothermal Method (SIM): <3% deformation (creep) = period of 75 years (ASTM D-6992)
- Tensile Strength: 13 kN/m, Perforated (Wide-width) (ISO-10319)
Typical GeoTechnical Engineering and Landscape Architecture Design Guidelines
|Application & Infill||Sample Design Requirements||Sample Product Specification|
|Drainage Channels Infill: Concrete
||Flow Velocity ≤5m/sec,
Side-slope <34⁰ (1V:1.5H):
Flow Velocity ≤6m/sec, Side-slope <45⁰ (1V:1H):
|Retaining Walls Infill: Granular Material
Gravity Wall: <5m height
·Reinforced Wall: >5m height
Free Standing wall
PRS-445-200-B, 4-cell wide (1.16m),
+ uni-axial geogrids