Create a Strong Base for Drilling Operations with Local Soils
Neoloy Geocells® provide the innovation enabling you to construct oil pads, begin drilling faster, more economically and in a more sustainable manner.
Oil and gas exploration faces multiple challenges. Drilling site well pads are often constructed in remote areas on unstable ground, such as sand, peat or clays. These soils typically lack the bearing capacity to support drilling platforms, along with the associated operations and production facilities. Importing aggregate to such locations is expensive, while extreme temperatures add to stabilization challenges.
The Neoloy Solution
Create a strong stabilized foundation for drilling platforms and production facilities with sustainable Neoloy Geocell solutions. This unique geosynthetic mechanically stabilizes granular layers by creating a semi-rigid 3D foundation that distributes vertical loads laterally. This stabilizes oil pads over soft soils for both static loading (the platform) and the dynamic loading (drilling or moving the mobile rig). A key advantage of the Neoloy Geocell confinement is that it strengthens locally-available but marginal-quality granular for infill. This eliminates the need to import aggregate long-distance or for subgrade replacement.
Neoloy Geocells are made from Neoloy®, a novel polymeric alloy (NPA). Neoloy provides very high strength, creep resistance and all-temperature performance that guarantees long-term performance (unlike HDPE geocells). The Neoloy unique engineering properties coupled with PRS smart engineering methodologies, enable you to construct strong, durable oil pads that are maintenance free and guaranteed to last.
With PRS Neoloy Geocells energy companies can access, construct and operate drilling sites in the most reliable and cost-effective manner.
- Thickness of working platforms reduced by 50% or more
- Semi-rigid 3D foundation mattress stabilizes soils with CBR <1%
- Neoloy material maintains dimensional stability under extreme loads over time
- Significant savings, due to use of local materials for construction
- More reliable pavements increase productivity
- All-weather use ensures construction and productivity in extreme weather (-60 to +60°C)
- Use of local infill reduces need to import aggregate
- Lower carbon footprint
- Long-term lifespan reduces repairs and maintenance