Proven Engineering is Key to Long Term Performance
Based on our extensive research and development program, the PRS engineering division developed geotechnical engineering methods which define the optimal geocell design and specification to each project specific requirements.
PRS is the only Tough-Cells provider providing a free detailed design tailored to your project needs, including:
- Evaluation – a detailed analysis of the project conditions, requirements and possible design alternatives.
- MIF – a design based on Modulus Improvement Factor (MIF) validated by over 100 published articles.
- Optimized – define the most cost-effective Tough-Cells configuration for your project.
- Long Term Performance – guaranteed for the entire project lifespan (up to 75 years).
750 ton load trucks pass over very soft soil in Alberta oil sands.
Optimize the Right Geocell Spec to your Project
Based on your project requirements, PRS Geotechnical Engineering will provide you with the most cost-effective design, including:
- Cell Geometry – opening cell size (weld distance) and cell height.
- Cell Strength – the dynamic mechanical modulus and permanent deformation (creep) required to maintain the geocell geometry at the end of the design life (Tough-Cells or Soft-Cells).
- Application Design – full design tools and drawings for pavements, rails, platforms, retaining walls, slope and channels.
- Infill Materials – evaluating infill material options, including the use of locally available materials to save time and costs.
Slope Rehabilitation, Converting a Mining Site into an Ecological Visitors Center
Unpaved Roads: Save 70% on Pavement Thickness, Use Local Infill
When using the PRS-Neoloy Tough-Cells solution in unpaved, low-volume, gravel roads, you gain the following benefits:
- Access in Extreme Conditions – with PRS-Neoloy Tough-Cells, even the heaviest loaded trucks (e.g., 750 ton loaders) can traverse very weak soils, in any weather condition. See Haul Roads for oil sands in Canada Case Study.
- Optimized Engineering – save up to 70% on structural pavement thickness, while utilizing local materials for your project. See Service road for pipeline through desert in Kazakhstan Case Study.
- Durable Design – With PRS-Neoloy Tough-Cells dynamic modulus, creep resistance and tensile strength properties, you can guarantee the same pavement performance for the entire project design life. See Neoloy Tough-Cells Engineering Properties.
- Sustainable Solution – save up to 80% CO2 emissions, using local soils as infill. See Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure.
Watch how Access Road was Built within 6 Weeks (instead of 3 months) in Canadian Peat Bogs
Paved Roads: Reduce Pavement Thickness & Improve Performance
When using PRS-Neoloy Tough-Cells solution in paved roads, you will gain the following benefits:
- 70% Reduction in Pavement Thickness – PRS-Neoloy Tough-Cells ground reinforcement enables you to reduce the layer thickness for the subbase, base and asphalt layers, leading to a total reduction of up to 70%. See Highway Construction, Poland, Case Study.
- Improved asphalt (fatigue) performance – reduce the asphalt layer by up to 35% with better performance for the duration of the project design life.
- Use recycled materials/inferior low-cost materials – use Reclaimed Asphalt Pavement (RAP) or other recycled materials for infill. See RAP Pavement, Bogota Case Study.
PRS-Neoloy Tough-Cells Improve Pavement Performance in Cross-Country Highway
Rails & Ports: Support Heavy Loads on any Soil, Lower Maintenance
When using the PRS-Neoloy Tough-Cells solution for heavy-duty rails and ports, you gain the following benefits:
- Railways – 7x increase in maintenance cycles. See Amtrak, USA Case Study
- Airports – 60% reduction in pavement thickness. See New Airport, Mexico City Case Study
- Ports – Support heavy loads using local soil. See Israel Shipyards Case Study.
With PRS-Neoloy Tough-Cells, AMTRAK extended maintenance cycle 7x, USA
Retaining Walls: Strong, Green, Fast Earth Stabilization
When using PRS-Neoloy Tough-Cells solution for earth retaining walls, you gain the following benefits:
- Global and Local Slope Stability – stabilize the slope, with a strong, green, fast to erect and cost-effective solution using locally available granular soil. See Retaining Wall, Turkey case study.
- High Seismic Performance – by absorbing dynamic energy PRS-Neoloy retaining walls maintain 100% performance after foundation movement.
- Sustainable Solution – use local granular soils for structural infill, while providing a green, vegetated fascia. See Green Retaining Wall, UK Case Study.
Green Retaining Wall – Sustainable, Durable and Fast Solution
Slope & Channels: Durable Erosion Control
- Durable Erosion Control – Reliable 3D mechanical slope protection, protecting infill material from sliding. See Erosion Protection Case Study, India.
- 20-50% Savings in Channels– very fast and cost-effective solution for concrete lined drainage systems and road trenches.
- 3 Design Options – vegetative cover, gravel or hard-armor.
Slope Protection for Landfill Rehabilitation – Durable and Green Erosion Control