Neoloy Geocells Are Easy To Install And Last Longer
Neoloy® Geocells have a longer lifespan, provide greater stiffness and are simple to install, in comparison to access mats.
PRS-Neoloy® Geocells provide better access roads over soft soils than access mats, rig mats and ground protection mats used in the oil and natural resource industries as they are easier to transport and install, more durable and cost-effective. The following table summarize the main differences between these solutions:
|EASY LOGISTICS / INSTALLATION||USE LOCAL MARGINAL SOIL||LONG-TERM LIFESPAN||HIGH STRENGTH & STIFFNESS||LOW ENVIRON-MENTAL IMPACT|
Neoloy® Geocells are more effective to stabilize soft subgrades and reinforce all types of access roads, haul roads or temporary roads than access mats, rig mats and other matting solutions. While ground protection mats, such as wood access mats or swamp mats of other materials are suitable for small areas or temporary use, Neoloy® Geocells access solutions on the other hand are best suited for access roads.
Neoloy® Geocells are easier to deliver, deploy and install than mats, and offer a more reliable road service with a much longer lifespan. For example, one typical 40′ shipping container may contain enough folded Neoloy® Geocells for the construction of a 4 km x 4m wide road. This innovative technology solution is also better suited to ground protection for working platforms for drilling sites, wind turbines and geothermal plants than oil rig mats.
Construction is fast with no skilled labor required. In addition Neoloy is a proven solution to increase the bearing capacity of soils and provide a reilable road for its designated design life, used by Gazprom®, MEG Energy®, Eco-Petrol®, Pemex®, SunCor®, China National Petroleum Company (CNPC) and the UK-MOD to name a few.
See more about Unpaved Roads.
- Reliable long-term access for roads with 20+ year lifespan or more
- Ease of construction – does not require mechnical equipment or expert manpower
- Reduce road layer thickness and infill (by up to 50%)
- Improve elastic modulus of road base layer with inferior infill by 3x or more
- Loads distributed over a wider area
- Decrease settlement by up to 80% and reduce vertical stress to the subgrade by up to 50%.
- Efficient logistics & delivery – folded sections easier to ship, handle and install (volume & weight)
- All weather construction
- Reduce hauling and placement costs
- Reduce repairs, long-term maintenance, operating costs
- Lower initial construction costs and Total Cost of Ownership
Neoloy is a more effective solution than ground protection mats for all types of roads, such as the following:
- Access roads for oil, gas and alternative energy exploration and development.
- Haul roads for natural resources extraction industries.
- Service roads for utilities, pipelines, construction.
- Temporary roads for construction projects
- Working platforms for oil drill rigs, wind turbines and geothermal facilities