Where there are brownfield, mine and other abandoned sites in need of mitigation and rehabilitation, there should be PRS-Neoweb™. PRS-Neoweb geocells can be used to construct cost-effective earth stabilization structures, protect landfill geomembranes and create durable roads for heavy construction equipment or end-users after rehabilitation.
Eroded slopes can be regraded and stabilized with PRS-Neoweb slope protection solutions. Separated from contaminated ground with a non-permeable membrane, PRS-Neoweb is infilled with topsoil. The confinement reduces the amount of topsoil needed to support vegetation and promotes plant growth and landscape restoration.
The PRS-Neoweb system integrated with geomembranes also creates impermeable, non-slip and durable impoundment for mining waste containment and treatment.
- Environmentally safe, non-corrosive solution for tailings, slurry pits & sludge containment ponds
- PRS-Neoweb infill options for site rehabilitation:
- concrete for liquid control
- gravel for leachate treatment processes
- topsoil for landscape restoration
- Frictional resistance reduce sliding from hydrodynamic and gravitational forces
- Cell walls provide mechanical protection against run-off and rill development
- Confinement preserves integrity of soil structure to minimize impact of rain
- Cell Perforations facilitates drainage and plant-root interlock
- Unique Neoloy polymer – high resistance to salinity, sewage, UV, oxidation, water, extreme temperatures
- Protect embankments and restored slopes – often at a steep angle of repose to save land and costs.
- Hold slope cover materials in place
- Stabilize unstable and steep slopes
- Cost effective –reduces the quantities of surface cover required (topsoil, gravel or concrete)
- Long lifespan – maximizes project lifecycle costs
- Site ecology – enables flow of water, nutrients and soil organisms
- Landscape – enhance plant growth, soil health and visual landscape