Neoloy® Geocells Provide Durable And Flexible Channel Protection
If you are looking for cost-effective, long-term channel slope protection and road drainage ditches, Neoloy is the solution.
If you are looking for cost-effective, long-term slope protection for drainage ditches, channels, waterways and hydraulic structures in South Africa, Neoloy Geoclls are the solution. Neoloy Geocells dissipate energy from flood, current and wave action and tolerate saturated conditions without losing structural stability. Vegetative and/or gravel surfaces are used for intermittent flooding while concrete infill is used for non-erodible channel protection (depending on geometry and hydraulic stresses).
The self-draining, permeability of Neoloy Geocells prevents the buildup of hydrostatic pressure, which can cause cracking in concrete structures. The flexibility of the Neoloy structure enables it to yield to earth movement without degradation in performance or structural integrity.
- Neoloy with soil and vegetated slopes – for green river banks subject to moderate hydraulic forces
- Neoloy with hard concrete infill – on the trapezoidal channel bed (subgrade cover)
- Neoloy retaining walls with aggregate infill – in sections with high flow velocities or steep slopes
- Erosion protection – cell walls protect banks against sliding, tractive and uplift forces
- Drainage and soil conservation – gives full drainage and prevents hydrostatic forces
- Bank vegetation – cells provide protected growth strata for plants
- Channel Protection – tolerates high sheet-flow conditions and prevents channeling
- Neoloy is easier to install, utilizes low-grade local granular infill and eliminates the need for underwater foundation work.
- Unique Neoloy polymer technology – high resistance to UV, oxidation, water, extreme temperatures
- Resistant to water – unlike concrete, steel and timber solutions
- Maximize channel design with retaining walls, slopes and gravel/soil slopes according to flow rates
- Cost effective – Neoloy Geocells use less concrete or other surface cover for same level of protection
- More cost effective than rip-rap or gabion solutions – which require specific sized stone
- Sustainable – topsoil cover improves soil health, plant growth and visual landscape
Save Channel Protection Costs with Neoloy Geocells
Due to the high reinforcement factor of Neoloy Geocells, channel protection projects require less infill material and can substitute lower quality infill while maintaining long term design strength – this is applicable to topsoil, aggregate or concrete surface covers. The result is lower project construction and life-cycle costs.
Savings increase when concrete is used as the infill, as the thickness can be reduced or replaced by other materials. Neoloy Geocells act as forms for pouring concrete eliminating expensive formwork. Concrete can be poured in one stage, making it easier, faster and more uniform.
Neoloy Geocells are also more cost-effective, natural and maintenance-free than riprap and gabion solutions.
- Neoloy Geocells with soil and vegetated slopes – for structures subject to low hydraulic forces
- Neoloy Geocells with aggregate infill – for slopes with higher flow velocities and steep slopes
- Neoloy Geocells with hard concrete infill – for highest flow velocities and tractive forces
Find out more about slope protection for channel protection and road drainage here.