PRS-Neoweb™is the only geocell to break the subgrade barrier. No longer limited to soft subgrade soils, PRS-Neoweb was designed for heavy duty pavement reinforcement of the base layer of asphalt pavements. PRS-Neoweb improves the layer modulus of structural layers. High quality base aggregate can be replaced with locally available less expensive granular infill, due to the increased stiffness of the PRS-Neoweb cellular confinement. The result – lower costs for every square meter of highway.
Based on the Neoloy® novel polymeric alloy, PRS-Neoweb geocells are engineered for long-term confinement. The high modulus PRS-Neoweb enables a reduction in the layer thickness of the asphalt, base and subgrade layers – for even more savings in capital and life-cycle costs. PRS-Neoweb is considered a perpetual stabilization solution suitable for perpetual pavements.
- Asphalt layer – reduces the asphalt thickness due to the improved modulus of the base
- Base layer – replace the base layer infill with subbase quality infill
- Subbase layer – reduce the subbase thickness
- Save one or more complete deep milling and overlay of new asphaltic layers
- Provide long-term confinement and compaction throughout the design-life of the road
- Utilize lower cost infill material (subbase quality) to replace base quality aggregate
- Cost effective – lowers construction costs
- Lowers lifecycle cost due to reduced maintenance
- Sustainable – reduces quarrying, hauling, fuel and carbon
- Improved pavement lifespan reduces rehabilitation work and downtime
- Implementing sustainable technology saves natural resources