Neoloy® Geocells Make Gravel Roads More Sustainable
If you have a gravel road design over soft ground with expansive clay, sand or peat bogs, Neoloy Geocells offer a unique proven solution.
Neoloy Geocells are an ideal solution for dirt and gravel roads and gravel road construction for soft, problematic soils. Neoloy is an example of an innovative technology that improves gravel road construction, makes gravel roads more sustainable and reduces gravel road costs – particularly in problematic soils, difficult locations and where aggregate resources are limited.
If you have a gravel road design or gravel road specification over soft ground with expansive clay, sand or peat bogs, or high water tables, Neoloy Geocells offer a unique proven solution:
Neoloy gravel road surfaces over expansive clay soils restrains heaving & prevents damage
3D confinement with Neoloy Geocells enables use of sand for structural infill in gravel road surfaces
Neoloy confines, stabilizes and reinforces granular material over saturated soil
The Neoloy gravel road pavement performance enables all-weather, durable use and an extended service life. This reduces repairs, increases maintenance cycles and saves maintenance budgets. Roads constructed with Neoloy Geocells are more sustainable and economic with a lower total life cycle cost.
Alternative cement and chemical stabilizers are complicated and time-consuming to apply while their long-term effectiveness is unreliable. In addition stabilizers are often affected by rain and water, as any cracks provide entry for water and eventual weakening of a gravel road base.
- Improve bearing capacity of soft soils (reduce vertical stress by 50%)
- Modulus improvement factor enables reduction of layer thickness x3
- Improve gravel road durability and lifespan in all climates and temperature
- Confinement protects soil integrity preventing movement of infill
- Use available local borrow pits even with marginal infill to reduce gravel layers – saves money, time and resources
- Lower gravel road construction costs for limited budgets and maintenance cycles
- Self-draining system protects the gravel road base and prevents accumulation of surface water for reliable year-round transportation
- Use of local soils reduces need to import gravel aggregate
- Sufficient long-term durability to serve the rural communities throughout rainy seasons, without degradation and repairs.