Neoloy® Geocells are Revolutionizing Road Construction
Designed for challenging Indian roads, Neoloy Geocells are a new standard in road base reinforcement and ground improvement
Designed for challenging roads, Neoloy Geocells are a new standard in road base reinforcement and ground improvement. Created from Neoloy, a nano-polymeric alloy, it is the only geocell designed for heavy-duty road pavements, such as highways, railways, ports and working platforms.
- Reduce overall aggregates layer by 30% – 50%: Neoloy Geocells provide a stiffer layer which distributes the loads over a wider area and reduce the stress on the subgrade layer. The increased soil modulus allows you to save ~30% of the asphalt layer and greatly reduce the overall pavement thickness. Learn more about geocells technology.
- Increase Roads Long Term Performance: Neoloy Geocells spread the vertical loads on a wider area. Known as the “beam effect”, the result is a strengthened base layer, which prevents rut development and degradation of the sub-base layers. Thanks to the stiffness and strength of Neoloy, the soil confinement is retained for entire road design life. PRS is the only company which guarantees road performance for 75 years. Learn why Neoloy Geocells guarantee long term performance.
- Reduce Roads Construction and Maintenance Costs: Aggregate resources are becoming scarce and costly. With Neoloy Geocells you can use locally available, Indian infill materials. Thanks to our innovative technology, the same increased modulus effect can be achieved with clay, sand and recycled asphalts. Learn more about Neoloy Geocells Roads Specifications.
With a multitude of engineering, environmental and economic advantages, Neoloy Geocell soil stabilization solutions offer a win-win situation for engineers, planners and contractors in every road construction project.
- Confinement increases layer strength (modulus)
- Reinforcement reduces layer thickness and wearing course
- Beam effect improves load transfer and bearing capacity
- Modulus Improvement Factor (MIF) allows more traffic and for longer time
- More reinforcement than any geogrid
- Lower construction, infill costs
- Improve pavement lifespan
- Reduce repairs, maintenance cycles and downtime
- Use locally available, ungraded or recycled materials for infill
- Reduce quarrying, hauling, fuel, pollution, carbon footprint
- Green sustainable construction method
- Provides very high stiffness, dimensional stability, creep resistance
- Long-term performance under heavy dynamic loading
- Outperforms any other HDPE geocell
Additional Road Solutions
- Unpaved roads – Neoloy based geocells provide strong and durable roads for the heaviest loads in the most remote and difficult environments of Indian – for oil and gas production, mining, logging, military, etc.
- Paved Roads – Use Neoloy base reinforcement in highway engineering to save aggregate costs and increase asphalt pavement lifespan.
- Ports and platforms – heavy duty and long-term geocell reinforced pavements for inter-modal ports and container yards.
- Airports – ground improvement and structural reinforcement of heavy airport pavements with Neoloy based geocells constructed on very soft-soils.
- Railways – proven Neoloy geocell solutions for track over soft soils that reinforce the substructure and reduce track maintenance.