Neoloy® Geocell is ideal for gravity walls and reinforced walls in South Africa
Neoloy Geocells provide a strong, fast to construct, green retaining wall structure for steep and tall unstable slopes with a small footprint in South Africa.
Neoloy Geocells provide strong, green, fast and cost-effective retaining walls for long-term reliable earth retention of unstable South African slopes
Neoloy Geocells are an ideal solution for mechanically stabilized earth retention walls. They offer high strength, fast construction and a green fascia. Very steep and tall walls can be built with a very small footprint.
The engineering advantage of Neoloy Geocells being used in South Africa is their high stiffness, low creep and strong tensile strength. These form the base for reliable earth retention guaranteed to last for the entire design life. Neoloy is also flexible, and unlike concrete walls, has high resistance to seismic loading and cracking.
Logistics with light-weight, folded Neoloy sections is simple compared to conventional concrete, gabions or block wall solutions. Construction is fast as each wall layer is structurally stable, and use local soil for infill. Neoloy Geocells use less labor and mechanical equipment to save costs and time. Neoloy Geocells with a green fascia are aesthetically pleasing as well.
Neoloy Geocell earth retention walls can be: Gravity Walls – self-standing retaining wall with earth mass infill for stability; or Reinforced Walls – mechanically stabilized earth with horizontal geogrid reinforcement in the layers.
- Neoloy Geocells offer very long-term stiffness and strength.
- Highly resistant to seismic activity – meets strictest earthquake building codes
- Neoloy compact folded sections simplifies logistics
- Very fast installation – no formwork, no footer
- Entire wall acts a unified drainage system with no hydrostatic build-up
- Cost effective particular when compared to other solutions
- Low installation cost and Total Cost of Ownership
- Green wall with vegetated fascia on the outer rows for a soft, green and aesthetic retention solution
- Use of local granular material for structural infill
- Perforations and granular infill provide an efficient drainage system
- High dimensional stability – low creep
- Effective service range of – from -40°C to +60°C
- High resistance to photochemical degradation – leaching of additives, oxidation and UV light
Fast Construction in South Africa
Neoloy Geocell folded shapes enable simple logistics and easy, cost-effective construction in South Africa. Neoloy retention structures can be constructed much faster than poured concrete solutions since they require no forms or curing. Each layer is structurally sound as laid, enabling access without support, scaffolding or cranes. Neoloy Geocells form a composite retaining structure that behaves as a monolithic mass, even in soft foundation soils. The fact that Neoloy retaining walls can utilize local granular soil for infill eliminates the need for imported aggregate in South Africa.