Neoloy® Geocells Reinforces Weak or Saturated Soil for Unpaved Roads
Neoloy is stronger, greener and more cost-effective than any other ground reinforcement or stabilization solution for unpaved access road construction.
Neoloy Geocells unpaved road solutions reinforce soft subgrades and reinforce the base of all types of unpaved roads: access roads, haul roads, gravel roads as well as rural, low volume or temporary roads. The high strength of the novel polymeric alloy (NPA) in Neoloy Geocells enables:
- permanent solutions designed to last
- large increase in soil bearing capacity
- the use of local, marginal-strength soils for structural infill
- reduces road pavement thickness by 50% or more.
Neoloy Geocells unpaved road stabilization also extends the roads lifespan, thereby reducing maintenance and repairs. The Neoloy reinforcement mattress creates a semi-rigid slab or beam effect. This distributes loads evenly, reduces differential settlement and reduces road degradation. Less rutting and surface deterioration means less wear and tear on vehicles, tires and drivers! Neoloy makes access roads over challenging terrain safer, more reliable and sustainable.
Unmatched by other ground improvement solutions (e.g., chemical stabilizers, geotextiles, geogrids, access mats), Neoloy Geocell unpaved road, access road, and haul roads reinforcement consistently exceed customer expectations.
- Reduce road layer thickness and infill (by up to 50%)
- Improve elastic modulus of road base layer with inferior infill by 3x or more
- Increase design life of gravel roads
- Loads distributed over a wider area
- Decrease settlement by up to 80% and reduce vertical stress to the subgrade by up to 50%.
- All weather construction and all-weather use
- Reduce aggregate, hauling and placement costs for unpaved roads
- Reduce unpaved road repairs, long-term maintenance, operating costs
- Lower initial unpaved road construction costs and Total Cost of Ownership
- Use of marginal and recycled infill reduces quarrying, hauling and carbon pollution
- Reduce road dust and sedimentation - low environmental footprint
- Self-draining system for reliable year-round transportation
Unpaved Road Solutions
Neoloy Geocells are suitable for all types of low volume unpaved access roads construction, such as:
- Access roads for transporting heavy equipment and vehicles to remote oil rig sites
- Haul roads for natural resources, mining and forestry logging operations
- Service roads for transportation, energy sector, pipeline and utilities maintenance
- Rural roads for remote areas and developing regions (laterite or murram soil ‘dirt’ roads)
- Military roads for reliable, secure roads for heavy vehicles in hostile environments
- Green roads for intermittent trafficking over grass shoulders, parking lots and low impact development
- Temporary roads for access to drilling sites or for bypass roads in road construction projects