Soil protection from stormwater erosion and channeling
Neoloy® Geocells provide a sustainable drainage system (SUDS) or water management technique for the localized control of stormwater.
Neoloy Geocells are a sustainable drainage system (SUDS) or water management technique for the localized control of stormwater. Neoloy cellular confinement preserves the soil structure, tolerates high sheet-flow conditions and is self-draining for high infiltration into the soil.
Neoloy Geocells are also ideal for soil protection of contoured open-channel drainage ditches and bioswales used to manage stormwater runoff. It prevents soil erosion and channeling, while providing an excellent growth medium for the growth of turf and vegetation. This assists the on-site infiltration to reduce runoff, filter pollutants, prevent flooding and augment underground water resources.
In addition Neoloy Geocells can be used with permeable pavement structures to enhance pavement drainage.
- Component of Low Impact Development (LID) / Sustainable Drainage Systems (SUDS) water management strategies
- Mitigate the impact of surface water discharges – reduce flooding
- Maximize infiltration with local swales and reservoirs
- Augment water resources
- Conserve green space and natural resources
- Improve site ecology – enhances plant growth, soil health and visual landscape
- Frictional resistance reduces sliding from hydrodynamic and gravitational forces
- Cell walls provide mechanical protection against stormwater run-off
- Confinement preserves integrity of soil structure to minimize impact of rain, sheet water
- Cell perforations facilitates drainage and plant-root interlock
- Unique Neoloy® polymer – very high resistance to UV, oxidation, water, extreme temperatures
- Protect embankments and restored slopes – often at a steep angle of repose to save land and costs.
- Hold slope cover materials in place
- Stabilize unstable and steep slopes