Track geometry and maintenance is very sensitive to the track substructure, subgrade and/or ballast conditions and train speeds and loads. PRS-Neoweb™ 3D cellular confinement system technology provides reinforcement to railroad track substructure providing structural support.
PRS-Neoweb usually placed at the ballast/subgrade interface area has been shown to decrease the rate of track surface geometry degradation (both surface and cross-level) under a range of traffic loadings.
In fact, the cost of maintaining such infrastructure over time (Total Cost of Ownership) determines the economic worthiness and success of track engineering solutions and not the initial construction or rehabilitation cost. The ability of PRS-Neoweb to reduce the rate of degradation, particularly in these high degradation rate locations, is of great value for both in the construction of new lines and in the maintenance of existing lines.
PRS-Neoweb offers cost-effective ground reinforcement solution for substructure layers, embankments, turnouts and train yards, as well for earth stabilization solutions for slope protection, railway abutments and earth berms and noise barriers.
- Trackbed stabilization – PRS-Neoweb alters physical and mechanical properties.
- Ballast life extended – by reduced lateral displacement, vertical settlement and aggregate attrition.
- Neoloy strength – high stiffness, dimensional stability and low creep under loading preserve track geometry.
- Reduce layer thickness – reduce sub-ballast layer and use locally available soils for sub-ballast.
- More effective than geogrids – does not require high grade aggregate and has 3D zone of influence.
- Easy and fast deployment – all-weather, easy and fast installation minimizes downtime.
- Improved performance – reduce vibrations, track deflection, and smooth transitions between areas of differing subgrades.
- Improved rolling stock performance – up to 40% heavier loads and 30% faster speeds over the same track.
- Operating expenses – stabilized rails reduce vibration and rolling stock wear & tear
- Sustainable – use of marginal infill preserves quarry resources, lowers hauling and pollution.
- Reduce maintenance – extend maintenance surfacing cycles.
- Cost effective installation – saves construction time, equipment and aggregate.
- Low total cost of ownership – durability extends track maintenance periods by >3x (perpetual superstructure).