Wind farms provide a unique challenge when located in remote terrain with soft or peat soils. Access roads, water crossings and working platforms for oversized transport and heavy construction vehicles (200+ tons) require very high load bearing capacity.
Fortunately, the more challenging the conditions are, the more reasons you need PRS-Neoweb™ soil reinforcement. Neoloy®-based PRS-Neoweb tough cells enable road construction of access roads over the most problematic soil conditions and terrain for very loads. The small construction imprint of PRS-Neoweb cellular confinement system makes it ideal for use in sensitive areas, such as nature preserves and forests. By reducing overall construction and resource-use, environmental and on-site disruptions are minimized.
The unique geotechnical properties of PRS-Neoweb geocells enable quick construction of unpaved access roads that can support single axle loads of 24 tons typical of heavy cranes and wind turbines over soft soils. Increased load support is achieved with less aggregate, time and costs.
- Reduce logistics and installation
- Reduce layer thickness and excavation
- Highest load bearing capability in poor soil & subgrades
- Decrease hauling and construction equipment
- Reduce long-term maintenance
- Easy & fast installation
- Save on project construction and costs
- Reduce infill quantity & costs by ~50%
- Reduce maintenance
- Increase project life span (x6)
- Use marginal quality native infill
- Recyclable material