Strengthen Haul Roads to Keep the Payloads Rolling
Neoloy® Geocell road reinforcement keeps heavy haul trucks moving over the weakest soils in all-weather conditions.
Haul roads and haul trucks are the lifeline of mining and natural resource extraction industries. That’s why Neoloy (Tough Cell) Geocells designed for heavy duty pavements can keep your mining haul trucks rolling – even in rainy seasons and freeze-thaw cycles.
With the highest stiffness, elastic modulus and tensile strength of any geocell, Neoloy Geocells can handle the heaviest of loads in soft soils using sand for structural infill ( (650+ ton payload – see case study here). Neoloy reinforced haul roads provide a durable road for year long operations.
The result – Neoloy stabilized haul roads reduce maintenance and increase mine productivity.
How does it work? Neoloy Geocells increase the bearing capacity of soft subgrade and the road base modulus. Mechanical confinement locks aggregate and binds soil particles, providing shear resistance and increased stiffness. (Read more about Neoloy technology here.) The stronger foundation creates a stable road surface that improves fuel economy and ride comfort while reducing fugitive dust.
Neoloy Geocell reinforced haul roads resist cuts, impacts and degradation. The result is less wear and tear to tires and vehicles, and more efficient, safe and economic operations for mining operators.
- Creates reliable all-weather road for year-round operations
- Highest stiffness, elastic modulus and tensile strength of any geocell
- Longest long term design life
- Stands up to heaviest loading by largest haul vehicles
- Minimize road construction footprint
- Reduce fugitive dust
- Use ungraded, local infill
- Improve drainage – for year round hauling
- Improve ride quality and fuel efficiency
- Save material, time, maintenance
- Reduce aggregate haulage, fuel costs, work crews
- Save wear and tear on tires and vehicles
- Simple and fast road installation
- All weather-construction and year-round use