Cost-Effective Asphalt Road Construction with Neoloy® Geocells
Neoloy Geocell confinement stiffens the asphalt road’s pavement structural infill material for long-term reliable performance
Quality asphalt road pavements depend upon a stable base – that’s what Neoloy Geocells do. Neoloy offers more cost-effective reinforcement for structural pavements than any other soil reinforcement or stabilization strategy.
The Neoloy cellular confinement system was designed for highway engineering. Neoloy Geocells provide long-term stiffness and dimensional stability required for asphalt pavements. Neoloy road reinforcement increases the modulus of each structural layer, even with a high CBR.
Neoloy Geocells enable the replacement of high quality (expensive) aggregate infill in the base layer with locally available, lower cost (subbase) soils or recycled materials or recycled asphalt. The Neoloy Geocell Modulus Improvement Factor (MIF) enables a reduction in the pavement thickness and/or a significant increase in road design life.
The Neoloy novel polymeric alloy extends the design life of Neoloy Geocells well beyond conventional geocell technology and provides a clear value proposition for paved roads compared to any other geocells, geogrids or other reinforcement geosynthetics.
- Lower capital costs – lower aggregate costs, reduced pavement structure, less haul and earthwork
- Lower maintenance costs – decreases pavement degradation, repairs, rehabilitation cycles
- Total Cost of Ownership (life-cycle costs) – extended service life of asphalt pavement provides a fast ROI
- Continuous semi–rigid beam effect
- High load transfer – reduces vertical stresses
- Reduce differential settlement
- Increases layer modulus (strength) / CBR
- Increases pavement lifespan
- Asphalt road construction Improve modulus of each pavement layer
- Reduce asphalt, base/subbase base layer thickness
- Enables use of lower quality/local granular infill in base layer
- Easy and fast all-weather installation by work crews (trained onsite)
- Reduces equipment manpower and construction time
- Reduce infill requirements decrease quarrying, hauling, fuel and carbon pollution
Add Stiffness and Strength to Any Layer of Asphalt Road Construction
Neoloy Geocell confinement used in asphalt road construction stiffens the pavement structural infill material, due to the creation of a beam effect as well as apparent cohesion. This provide the following benefits:
- Increase Lifespan – Neoloy increases the design life of asphalt pavement by several factors – due to its low creep and high stiffness.
- Reduce Layer Thickness – Neoloy also improves the modulus improvement factor for each layer, thereby enabling a reduction in pavement thickness while decreasing highway maintenance.
- Prevent Fatigue – the stiff Neoloy Geocell mechanically reinforces the base layer of asphalt pavements by spreading loads laterally and reducing vertical deformation; the result is less fatigue and cracks in the asphalt.
- Reduce Costs – utilize locally available marginal soil and/or recycled materials for structural infill – instead of importing high quality aggregate – to create more sustainable highways as well.