Sustainable, Reliable Reinforcement with Neoloy® Geocells
Neoloy is a green building technique, which is suitable to varied types of construction - pavements, walls, and landscapes.
Neoloy Geocell is an example of a green building technique that promotes sustainable design of hard and soft spaces, such as pavements, walls, roofs and landscapes in Canada. By reducing the amount and type of infill needed to reinforce soil, the use of haulage and earth moving equipment is reduced. This, in turn, decreases fuel use, pollution and the carbon footprint, and at the same time minimizes on-site disruption from dust, erosion and runoff.
Reinforcement with geocells increases the bearing capacity of “soft” pavements subject to heavy loading and traffic. The result is a long lifespan for green pavements and lower operational and maintenance costs. Neoloy solutions can replace hard outdoor surfaces, such as parking lots and vehicle access ways, or for building roofs with green-faced surfaces. These green surfaces reduce heat absorption (heat-islands), increase energy efficiency and provide a more friendly, natural and aesthetic environment.
Neoloy Geocell solutions are an example of green building practices for sustainable design and construction, such as the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) green building rating system developed by the US Green Building Council.
- Green pavements / Low Impact Development (LID)
- Green walls
- Mine site rehabilitation / brownfields
- Landscape architecture
Benefits of Neoloy Geocell
- Utilize local and native soils for infill
- High dimensional stability under dynamic loading and in temperature extremes
- Very high resistance to environmental conditions, oxidation and UV degradation over time.
- Landscape architecture –Neoloy Geocells are ideal micro-environment for the establishment of vegetation and restoration of landscape values in slopes and channels.
- Heat Islands – Neoloy Geocells prevent heat islands by replacing hard outdoor surfaces such as parking lots and vehicle access ways, or as green faced surfaces on building roofs.
- Site Ecology – Neoloy prevents soil erosion and improves the site drainage, soil quality and soil-root interlock.
- Drainage – Neoloy perforated cells promote infiltration and limit the impact of hydrostatic forces by improving drainage. This preserves the soil structure, prevents run-off and soil erosion, and increases permeability, crucial for slopes and retaining walls.
- Lower project costs and longer lifespan
- Less repairs and maintenance costs
- All-weather roads in developing regions increase accessibility to market
- Simple installation lets local work crews receive on-site training and work on project