Neoloy optimizes the use of geocells in highway engineering for engineers and contractors by providing design assistance as well as by a choice of categories of geocells customized to project requirements. The result? Increased performance at lower cost, no matter the project type.
- New design methods – integrating the Neoloy Geocell modulus improvement factor (MIF) for use in unpaved roads (Giroud and Han method) and paved roads (layered elastic model method)
- New specifications and standards – performance based specs that more accurately reflect the performance of geocells in the field than conventional specifications.
- Engineering consulting – PRS provides geotechnical engineering and design services to maximize the impact of Neoloy Geocells in each highway project.
- New Neoloy categories – PRS developed 4 main types of geocells to optimize a project (and cost-effectiveness) by matching the tensile strength and durability of Neoloy Geocells to the project requirements.
Neoloy Geocell confinement increases the resilient modulus of confined granular materials in pavement structures, such as fine granular soils and... (Read more)
- Confinement increases layer strength (modulus)
- Reinforcement reduces layer thickness and wearing course
- Beam effect improves load transfer and bearing capacity
- Modulus Improvement Factor (MIF) allows more traffic and for longer time
- More reinforcement than any geogrid
- Simple logistics and fast all-weather installation
- Lower construction, infill costs
- Improve pavement lifespan
- Reduce repairs, maintenance cycles and downtime
- Use locally available, ungraded or recycled materials for infill
- Reduce quarrying, hauling, fuel, pollution, carbon footprint
- Green sustainable construction method
Novel Neoloy Polymer Alloy
- Provides very high stiffness, dimensional stability, creep resistance
- Long-term performance under heavy dynamic loading
- Outperforms any other HDPE geocell